DeWitt Orthodontics offers patients passive self-ligating Damon System braces. Self- ligating braces incorporate a slide mechanism to hold the arch wire, reducing the amount of pressure exerted on teeth which allows them to move more freely, quickly, and comfortably.
- Self-ligating braces are comfortable, and easy to keep clean.
- Utilizes decreased forces to work in conjunction with the muscles of the face, tongue, and bone and tissue.
- Decreased force minimizes discomfort of wearing traditional braces.
- Freedom of movement, resulting in shorter treatment time than traditional braces that require elastics to hold the wire to the brackets.
- Light high-technology shaped memory wires that move teeth faster and require fewer adjustments.
- Clinically proven treatment approach that aligns your teeth and enhances your facial aesthetics – usually without extractions or rapid palatal expanders.
Self-ligating braces — A world without elastic ties!
Self-ligating braces use a specialized clip/door in place of elastics to help the archwire guide teeth into place. These clips help reduce the amount of pressure being placed on the tooth and require fewer adjustments because there are no elastics to replace. Conventional braces on the left of photo are tied in with elastics, which cause friction and pressure, making treatment slower and less comfortable.
Self-ligating braces eliminate the need for elastic or metal “ties.” This system uses biologically sensible forces which work with the bodies natural adaptive process to create space naturally. By using the self ligating brackets we can now treat most cases without extractions.
While the time needed in braces will vary from case to case, treatment time with the self ligating system is typically much faster than with other traditional brackets. Shorter treatment time means fewer appointments making your experience convenient and hassle-free. You may be surprised at how fast you could have a new beautiful smile!
Even though self-ligating systems work faster, the use of gentle, low-friction force means less discomfort for you. Very light “memory-shaped” titanium wires are used, gently guiding your teeth to their ideal position.
Self-ligating brackets are designed to be comfortable and easy to keep clean, without elastic ties that attract and collect plaque making dental hygiene easier throughout treatment. The self-ligating system is also available in “clear” brackets for patients who want a great smile without sacrificing aesthetics.