What To Expect
We are excited to welcome you to our office. Our team strives to provide quality treatment and genuine compassion, thereby promoting a positive orthodontic experience with healthy rewards.
Our orthodontic team will take a panoramic x-ray which will provide us with a full view of the upper and lower jaw, followed by digital photo’s before meeting with Dr. Dewitt. The doctor will review the x-ray and photo’s followed by a complimentary oral exam to determine the best treatment option for you.
The Next Step
After completion of your exam, we will determine if orthodontic treatment is needed and discuss your treatment and financial payment options. Upon acceptance of treatment additional diagnostic records will be taken.
Complete Diagnostic Records Include:
- A medical history
- Clinical Exam
- Plaster study models of the teeth
- Photograph’s of the patient’s teeth and face
- Panoramic and Cephalometric X-ray
Affordable Financial Options:
Treatment fees are based on the nature and complexity of individual cases. No two people are alike therefore no treatment plans are exactly alike! The fee includes appliances that may be needed for your treatment plan, routine office visits, x-rays, photos, study models and retainer . The treatment coordinator will discuss the cost of treatment and possible payment options with you. We will work with you to create a payment plan that fits your budget so you know what to expect before beginning treatment. Your smile is yours forever, and we want to make it as easy as possible for you to receive the best orthodontic care.
- Interest-free monthly auto payments
- No initial down payment financing with Care Credit
- Up-front pay in full deduction
- Family member courtesy
- Yearly flex payments
- Doctor’s analysis of the diagnostic records to determine your specific treatment plan.
- Treatment fee for both early treatment or complete comprehensive treatment with braces or Invisalign includes diagnostic records, all appliances and office visits. If appliances require replacement due to breakage or misuse, we reserve the right to charge an additional replacement fee.
- Retainers are provided upon completion of treatment. There will be a replacement fee for each additional retainer that is lost or broken.
Investment does not include:
- Dental procedures performed outside of our orthodontic office.
- If an accident or injury occurs during treatment which results in TMJ (Temporo-Mandibular-Joint) complications, additional orthodontics, orthognathic surgery, etc. a fee adjustment may be required to complete treatment under these unusual circumstances.
Assignment of Benefits:
Our office is happy to cooperate with families who have orthodontic insurance coverage. All insurance plans are different and policies vary greatly as to the agreements made between the employers/subscribers and their carriers. Plans with orthodontic coverage only cover a portion of the overall fee. Insurance coverage is not a guarantee, we can only estimate what your insurance will pay. Normally your orthodontic benefit is a lifetime benefit and not an annual benefit as is your regular dental coverage. Sometimes there is a waiting period before orthodontic coverage becomes effective upon acquiring new policies, as well as age limit restrictions.
Your insurance benefit is an agreement between you and your employer. We will do all we can to help you receive your maximum benefit by assisting you with the required paperwork and submission to your insurance company. We do not have an agreement with any insurance company (PPO/HMO/participate) regarding adjusting any fees. Some insurance companies send payments directly to us while others will send the payment directly to you.
Ultimately, financial responsibility lies with the person responsible for the patient. Orthodontic benefits are not usually paid in full at the start of treatment and may extend as long as the estimated length of treatment time. Please be aware that if your insurance policy is terminated before we/you have received your full expected benefit, the remaining balance will become your responsibility.
Please be assured that our office is always happy to assist you. We will gladly review your policy and answer any questions you may have regarding your insurance benefits.
We make it a priority to meet with each patient on time. In order to maintain a schedule that runs in a timely manner, we ask that you arrive a few minutes before your scheduled appointment with your form filled out to avoid delays. The time scheduled is used to complete the procedure, provide instructions, address concerns and answer questions. Your cooperation and consideration with appointments is greatly appreciated by our office and the patients that are seen after your appointment.
Summer hours are – Monday through Wednesday 8:00am to 4:00pm Thursday 8:00am to 2:00pm
Winter hours are – Monday through Thursday 9:00am to 5:00pm.
The office is closed Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and major holidays.
Please note: In the case of an emergency someone will be on call to assist you. An emergency contact number is available on our phone system.